I help clients pursue dreams for their work and personal lives. Together we get clear on their strengths, passions and circumstances—and design plans to take action. I love discovering and exploring new directions with my clients and helping them create and sustain satisfying lifestyles and lives.
My clients include new careerists, mid-level professionals and executives as well as people returning to the workplace after an absence. My coaching style is collaborative, positive and frank. I encourage clients to talk about who they are and what they want, as well as the obstacles they face and how to approach them.
Education and Training
- Graduate, Institute for Life Coach Training, a 130-hour program for experienced mental health professionals. The program is accredited by the International Coaching Federation.
- PHD, Educational Psychology, University of Washington
- MA, Behavior Modification, Southern Illinois University
- BA, Psychology, Seattle University
- Professional Certified Coach, International Coaching Federation
- While I restrict my practice to coaching, I am licensed as a psychologist with the District of Columbia.
- Personal Info
I live with my husband, Richard, in Alexandria, Virginia where we have raised four children. I write non-fiction memoir, and find enormous satisfaction in an active lifestyle that includes cooking, skiing, swimming, and kayaking–as well as routine workouts. I like to cultivate my own curiosity and peace of mind through continuing training and education, and mindful practices that include yoga and meditation. I’ve had an active coaching practice since 2004.